I am a true bengali as far as love for fish is concerned. I love "FISH", any kind, any preparation.
Today I had thought of preparing Chicken Do Pyaza as a side dish for lunch. It was very late when I realized there is no chicken in my freezer. So I ended up preparing Rui Do Pyaza.It turned out really well.
So I am sharing it with you guys.
- Fish (2 pieces)
- Mustard Oil (1 cup)
- Dry Red chilli (2 in number)
- Bay Leaves(2 in number)
- Ginger paste (1 tsp)
- Garlic Paste (1 tsp)
- Onion Paste (2 tsp)
- Cinnamon Pieces (2 )
- Turmeric powder(2 tbsp)
- Coriander powder ( 1 tsp)
- Cumin Powder(1 tsp)
- Salt (according to taste)
- Sugar (according to taste)
- Onions(1 Julienned )
- Black Pepper Powder ( 1/2 tsp)
- Green chilli (1 chopped)
- Tomato (1 chopped)
- Garam Masala Powder(1 pinch)
- Marinate the fish with turmeric powder and salt for about 30-40 min.
- Heat oil in a wok for deep frying the fish.
- When the oil is hot add the fish and fry till it turns brown.Take them off and keep aside.
- To the same oil add the cinnamon sticks and Bay leaves. When they begin to splutter add onion paste and fry till it turns translucent.
- Add tomato and stir cook till tomatoes soften. Add ginger-garlic paste. Saute for few seconds. Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin & coriander powder, salt & sugar. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water and bring it to a boil. Meanwhile, in another pan, fry the julienned onions till they change color to brown.
- Into the gravy, slide in the fried fish pieces. Sprinkle a pinch of garam masala powder & black pepper powder on top. Add the fried julienned onions. Stir in to mix.Serve hot with white rice.
Trust me this tastes too good and is a must try for all fish lovers.