I was always a good cook but have been waiting for a good photographer. My wait has finally ended. Thanks to my husband who is helping me with the pics these days. I had prepared this fish fry few days back and after looking at this pic even I want to have some now. :)
I am re-posting this recipe as this is my entry for Bon Vivant Moments # 2 - Savory Items
at Sumee's Culinary Bites.
- Fish Fillet (7-8)
- Vinegar (2 tbsp)
- Lemon Juice (2 tbsp)
- Ginger paste (2 tbsp)
- Garlic paste (2 tbsp)
- Coriander leaf paste (3 tbsp)
- Salt (according to taste)
- Bread Crumbs (3 cups)
- Green Chilli paste (1 tbsp)
- Onion Paste (3 tbsp)
- Mustard oil (ample amount for deep frying the fish)
- Cornflour (2 tsp)
- Bhetki fish has a very strong smell which you have to get rid of before cooking. In order to get rid of the smell, marinate the fish fillets in vinegar and lemon juice for 10-15 mins. Then wash it off.
- Now that the smell is gone marinate the fish with ginger paste, garlic paste, onion paste, coriander paste, salt, green chilli paste for about 1 hour.
- Prepare a batter with egg and cornflour.
- Dip the fillets into the mixture of egg and cornflour and then roll them over on breadcrumb. The fish fillets should get covered in a fine coat of breadcrumbs.
- Once you are done with all the fillets put them in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. This helps the bread crumbs to bind to the fish.
- Heat oil in a wok for deep frying. When the oil is smoking hot toss the fishes into the oil.
- Fry them until they turn brown in colour.
- Serve with Kasundi or tomato sauce.
Cook, Eat and Be Merry . :)