Saturday 28 April 2012

Gajar Ka Halwa...



There are some things in life that give you immense happiness no matter what situation you are in. For me even thinking of having home made Gajar ka Halwa is one of those things. I love this dessert. Although this is a dessert I also have it as a snack sometimes. This recipe is from Tarla Dalal's book "MITHAI". I followed the recipe blindly without changing even a single bit and ended up preparing super delicious Gajar Ka Halwa. :) :)

Ingredients:
- 6 medium carrots grated
- 1/2 cup full fat milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- a few saffron strands
- 2 tbsp cream
- 3 tbsp ghee
                                                      - 3-4 cashews


Method :

- Heat the ghee in a broad non stick pan and saute the carrots for 2-3 mins.
- Add the milk and stir till it evaporates.
- Then add the sugar and continue stirring until the mixture is slightly thick.
- Add the cardamom powder, saffron dissolved in a little milk and cream and stir well.
- Serve hot garnished with cashews.

:)


This is my entry for :

- WTML at Vegetarian Food and me which is originally Gayathri's event.

 - Spring Seasonal Food at Srav's Culinary Concepts

7 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gajar halwa is comforting indeed, I wonder why I never make it often. Will get a bag of carrots and make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Srimathi.. thats true... Even I think I should prepare it more often as it is super tasty and so easy to prepare... :)

      Delete
  3. Super tempting and delicious sweet !! Thanks for linking to the event !! Appreciate It :)

    Ongoing event CC:Spring Seasonal Food

    ReplyDelete