This is a dish that I prepare pretty often for lunch. I generally take this to office on weekdays. It is very easy to prepare and the best part is it takes pretty less time. So let me not waste too much time and directly come to the recipe. You can add as many vegetables as you want and need not stick to the veggies mentioned here.
- Rice (1 cup preferably Basmati)
- Potato (1 diced into cubes)
- Beet (1 diced into cubes)
- Carrot (1 diced into cubes)
- Onion (1 diced into cubes)
- Capsicum(1 diced into cubes)
- Cauliflower(1 diced into cubes)
- Cinnamon (2 sticks)
- Cloves (3-4)
- Cardamom (2-3)
- Cashews (5-6)
- Oil (5 tsp)
- Coriander ( a small bunch finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander powder (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin powder (1/2 tsp)
- Biriyani Masala (1and 1/2 tsp)
- Salt (acc to taste)
- Green chillies (2 slit)
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Fry the cashews till golden brown and keep aside.
- Add the cinnamon, cloves and cardamom to the same oil. When they start to splutter add the green chilli.
- Add all other veggies and fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add the coriander and fry for 2 more mins.
- Add 2 cups of water and the rice.
- Add all the masala, salt and mix well.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and let it cook for 1 whistle.
- After a whistle remove it from the stove.
- Open the lid and add the cashews.
I served it with Fish Curry. It also goes very well with Raita.
Happy Eating :)
This is my entry for Cook's joy Only Vegan Event and Cook Click and Devour